Charter of Administrative Service
As Korea’s top university, the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology trains an elite work force. In order to faithfully serve the university’s commitment to supporting educational goals, the KAIST administration pledges the following :
- We highly appreciate the fact that we exist to serve our clientele, and will strive to sincerely offer the highest quality of service.
- We will perform our duties while reflecting the opinions of our clientele as much as possible and will take the lead in advancing Korea’s science and technology by faithfully performing our duties.
- We recognize that our clientele have a right to the best service. We will think from the perspective of our clientele and work with a kind heart in order to minimize the discomfort and complaints of our clientele.
- Through continual self-development and self-examination, we will actively handle new changes and take a lead in fixing incorrect consciousness and customs.
Service Performance Standards
In establishing the charter of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Administrative Service, the following service performance standards have been established. We will strive to ensure customer satisfaction in the following manner :
Visiting the Administrative Department in Person
- For visitor convenience, we will install guide maps and signs for each department at the entrance of the building.
- Visitors can make reservations to visit the department at a time of their convenience, in which case we will do our best to honor the time of appointment.
- By placing a seating chart and the duties of each employee at the entrance of each office, visitors will be able to easily find the person they are looking for.
- In order for visitors to conveniently achieve their visitation purpose, a visitors’ area will be constructed.
- Office workers will introduce themselves to visitors and guide them to the appropriate office area to intently listen to their needs and assist them.
- In order to fully comprehend the key points of the visitors’ needs or questions, we will fully listen to and ask clear questions to the visitor.
- We will build a trusting relationship with the visitor by summarizing and recording the visitors’ needs/questions.
- After becoming well-informed of the needs and questions, we will make sure to clarify our understanding and kindly explain, in a detailed manner, the appropriate solution procedures, administrative conditions, and processing method.
- If the task at hand is outside our jurisdiction, we will explain the circumstances and figure out the best alternative plan for the needs of the visitor.
- We will answer the phone after it has rung two to three times. We will naturally determine whether the caller has contacted the appropriate number by greeting the caller with our name and affiliation (ex: This is Hong Gil-dong of the General Affairs Team speaking).
- If the caller does not identify himself or herself, we will respectfully request the information and proceed to clearly provide answers to their questions.
- If the task is no part of one’s responsibility, we will strive to respectfully inform the caller of the reason and connect them to the appropriate department, name, and phone number – in which case, we will briefly inform the person in charge of the task at hand before connecting the caller.
- If the receiver is not familiar with the task, we will ask for the contact information of the caller, informing the caller that we will look into the task and call them back.
Using the Intranet
- Using the electronic message board, we will inform users of our schools various events and main activities in a timely fashion.
- We will strive to resolve civil complaints posted to the administration proposal section of the electronic message board as quickly as possible – resolved matters will be uploaded in the form of a reply to the posted civil complaint.
Corrective Measures for Poor Service
- If a formal objection occurs regarding the handling of a civil complaint, we will thoroughly review the case. If it turns out to be unfair administrative processing, we will immediately engage in corrective measures.
- If you have experienced unkind or unfair service, please post the complaint to the administration proposal section of the electronic message board.
- After immediate confirmation of the incident, the relevant worker will begin corrective education and you will be notified of the related information within a week.
- Please inform our office of employees demonstrating outstanding administrative service so they can be role models throughout our department – preferential measures will be considered for the Greetings Award.
- If the call receiver is not familiar with the task, we will ask for the contact information of the caller, informing the caller that we will look into the task and call them back.
Our Request to Clientele
- Our clientele have the right to receive the university’s administrative services.
- We highly appreciate that our faculty members coexist with out clientele. We pledge to abide by the above code of conduct and will strive to establish a trusting and loving relationship with our clientele.
- Please continue to take interest in the advancement of our country’s level of science & technology development and science & technology administrative services.
- For any complaints or suggestions please contact us by mail, telephone, or email and we will humbly accommodate the improvements.
Submitting Opinions, Reporting, and Contact Information
- Reporting and contact information (submitting opinions or policy proposal)
- Email: General Affairs Team(email@example.com) / Customer Satisfaction Center(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Address: KAIST General Affairs Team, 373-1 Guseong-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea (Tel. 042-350-2313 / Fax. 2220)